THE ART OF BREATHING & DEEP RELAXATION
Saturday 24th November 2018 – Park St Village Hall AL2 – 10.00 am-15.00 pm
March 2019 date to be advised
Who is this workshop aimed at?
Everyone and anyone who wants to explore:-
- The benefits and effects of deep relaxation
- The way we breathe; how the breath is affected by our mental and emotional well-being and how we can use the breath to influence our health in a positive way. You do not have to be a yoga practitioner to attend this workshop.
What will we be doing?
- Breath investigation – exploring how we breathe, where the breath moves and learning how to encourage healthy passive breathing.
- Discussing why the breath is so important.
- Learning about and practicing the ujjayi breath.
- Learning how we support movement with the breath.
- Understanding and experiencing why deep relaxation is so beneficial to us, especially in today’s modern world.
Why is this so important?
- Becoming familiar with our own breath and learning to breath correctly is essential to our long-term well-being.
- Most people nowadays have lost the capacity to breathe fully and deeply. Often the breath is short and shallow. This is turn can lead to ill-health.
- The breath is the link between the mind and the body – it is the foundation of our yoga practice and hence learning to use UJJAYI (The Victorious Breath) correctly is the key to an integrated practice (and what distinguishes yoga from any other form of physical ‘activity’).
- Deep conscious breathing is a means to staying more present and focused. In meditation/mindfulness practices we often use the breath as an anchor.
The one-hour afternoon session will introduce us to deep relaxation/yoga nidra.
Cost: £60 includes teas/coffee/nuts
We will have a communal lunch.
For more information please feel free to contact me.
FOUNDATIONS IN MINDFULNESS – to restart in 2019
6-week course – Evening & Day Courses
Research has shown that when we incorporate mindfulness practice into our day-to-day activities, it can help rewire or reshape our brain and improve the quality of our life experiences.
De-Stress Workshops – next workshop to be advised
Stress is a major component of modern day living and it is becoming widely acknowledged that stress/anxiety related disorders are on the rise. In fact, according to the World Health Organisation, stress is “the health epidemic of the 21st century” and the driver of many chronic diseases. It can include common symptoms such as headaches, low energy, anxiety, IBS, insomnia, skin problems… and more. Chronic stress can wreak havoc on the mind and body which is why it is so important to take steps to control and be able to cope with the stressors in your life.
A few comments from people who attended the last workshop:-
“Great workshop with useful tools for me to use in stressful situations, especially the last relaxation hour made me feel brilliant”.
“I have enjoyed today extremely. I personally was in the in the zone …”